Tallinn Secondary School of Science was founded in 1881. Our school can look back on its history of more than 135 years, which makes it one of the oldest schools in the capital of Estonia. Our aim has always been to provide good education, especially in the fields of science and technology, but not to the neglect of the humanities, sports and music.
Lessons are held in two separate buildings: junior forms are taught in the small building and senior forms in the main building. The historical main building (built in 1884) was the first building constructed and built as a schoolhouse in Estonia. A brief historical outline of the school is as follows.
|1881||Tallinn Peter’s School of Science (Petri-Realschule zu Reval) for boys is founded.|
|1881–1890||The official language of instruction is German.|
|1884||The historical main building is built.|
|1890||The school is named Revalskoye Petrovskoye Realnoye Utchilishche.|
|1890–1917||The official language of instruction is Russian.|
|1918||Estonian becomes the official language of instruction.|
|1954||The school becomes a mixed school.|
|1982||The last school bell is celebrated in national costumes for the first time.|
|1997||The first issue of the school paper “Reaali Poiss” (The Boy of Reaal) is printed.|
|2000||The renovated main building is re-opened.|
2016-today 965 pupils study at Tallinn Secondary School of Science